Wednesday 14 May 2014

A mandala, a WIP & some Grannies

Hello,

In peace I come again :-)

I'm very pleased to see that this blog has had
over 2000 page views
*blush*

Thank you for your support.  It really does motivate me.


Although I've been 'on hook' a lot this week, there isn't much to show for it... just some Works in Progress and a mandala I made following Lucy's pattern.

I'll begin with the mandala.  I really do want to send one in for Yarndale, but it needs to be one that's ME.  The pattern, the colours, the style... I want my mandala to represent ME.  Am I being silly?

It's not very often that I can say this, but
I'm running low on stash *gasp* :-O
so the colours in this mandala really AREN'T me!  But I was itching to work on a mandala using Lucy's pattern and this is what I ended up with...

CrochetBTW:  2nd Mandala attempt

CrochetBTW Mandala 2
Besides the one side being a bit wonky (it set wrong when I steamed it), it's 1" too big, I'm afraid.  My tension obviously differs significantly from hers :-/

So, I dusted off my mandala woes and spent some time with my new Mood Blanket.
The colours really do up my mood :-)

This is how far I've come.

CrochetBTW Mood Blanket in progress
CrochetBTW Mood Blanket - Loving the colours!
It measures about 1.5 metres width-wise and it's coming along nicely.  I'm using a Ridged Ripple stitch pattern.  This simply means that I'm working in either the front loop only or the back loop only, keeping all the 'ridges' on one side of the blanket.
 
The ridges make the ripple pattern stand out.  I'm considering doing a weave stitch in and out of the ripples, as you see at the bottom of the picture.  I thought I'd do it in a contrasting colour, but I can't decide what colour to use!  The idea is to use the contrast colour in the edging, eventually.  So the colours need to 'get married'Your input would be most welcome :-)

~

On another note, I've wanted to do a Granny Square project for a while now, so I started making some three-round squares last night.  I'll tell you more about these in my next post.  Here a pic of them being blocked instead :-)

CrochetBTW Granny Squares
 And with that, I'll leave you.

Till next time, keep smiling :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I promise to read ALL comments because they are THAT important to me.

Comments are moderated so they will not appear here immediately. I would love to get to know you, so please do not remain Anonymous :-)

Thank you do much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I do love reading them :-)